Skip to main content

What is more 90's than Malibu?


One of the first shoots we did for this round was with this dress at a local park. It was the first time I had all the make up on, and my mom said she didn't recognize me! The park was surprisingly busy, of course lol so many looks


Our local park still has a working payphone, I have to admit I didn't exactly know how it worked, while I love the 90's era of music and movies, I did not grow up with the phones and electronics. 


This is the Malibu from George + Ginger, part of the new collection there. It is a pretty comfortable dress, this is the mini length there is a slightly longer one too and a few people made it into a tank, that is on my list. The cut of this dress, while fairly basic is really fun and easy to dress up or down a bit. I paired it with the updated rave in white for these. 


Of course I made these two out of crushed velvet and plaid because I was going for the 90's vibe. This entire collection has become stables in my wardrobe.  I tied the paranoid around my waist to finish off the look, but wanted to wear it a bit as well, to show how comfortable and well fitted it is. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Month of the Military Child GIVEAWAY!!!

This month I decided to create a little gift collection of sorts that you can win by sharing the pinned giveaway post on my Facebook page and commenting on it. Super easy to enter, but a great package I think. I am going to go into a bit more detail below with each of the 4 items in the package. This is the bear, you will be able to choose from the fabric swatches below which you would like it made out of. No two bears will be exactly alike because of the fabric that is being used, some from actual uniforms, and some that is just printed, because of the design there will be some differences. (These bears are listed on the website for sale as well if you wanted to order others) Next we have a super soft toddler/lap size blanket, you can choose either purple, blue, or black. The saying is the same on all 3, 'I am resilient, I am resolute, I am relentless, I am a Military Child', all of them are the same color on the back with tossed dandelions, the official flower of the Militar

Cute Bears of the Military - Army Edition

This request came in while I was working on my April Month of the Military Child plans. The timing was perfect! If you have been following me for long you know that I am a Military brat and that April is a special month for me. It is the month of the Military Child and I try to do some fun things through the month and all sales for the month in the past have been donated to  Our Military Kids . This year I have some new ideas and plans, more about that later though 😁 I decided this would be a great time to do a step by step style blog post about the creation of these amazing bears. These bears are made from the uniforms of your loved one, they can be made from other articles of clothing as well of course.  These 3 were made from one uniform, top and pants, that I took about 5 hours to take apart, all of the pockets, zippers, patches, velcro has to come off to make the fabric as flat as possible and get the most useable space. There are a lot of pieces, and no two will look exactly ali

Graduation Gown Turned Dress

Hey y’all! As some of you may know or remember I graduated back in May and I got to keep my gown along with my cap, since I’m homeschooled.  Now the next person in my family to graduate still has a couple years to go, and he will probably need a size or two up to accommodate for height so I turned my gown into a dress!  I got to work a week or so after I graduated and started sketching what I wanted to turn my gown into. Should I do separates? Should I do a dress? What style of dress?  Ultimately I decided upon this amazing dress, now I did have to adjust the skirt because my initial sketch had a long maxi style dress but I simply adore the shorter skirt.  And that back is stunning! The whole dress with the exception of the ribbon for the straps, came from the gown.  Had to take a couple pictures with my cap, so happy I had all my friends sign it!  Now this next picture has a bit of a story behind it:  So the day I took pics of my dress, I took my black belt pictures as well. While we